All items with an * are required.
Pet's Name *
Color and Description *
Your First Name *
Your Last Name *
Cell Phone *
Rock N’ Rescue is a privately-run pet rescue group. In this agreement, Rock N’ Rescue will be called “RNR”. The adopter represents that the information provided in the application process is true and correct to the best of the Adopter’s information and belief. RNR and the Adopter wish to enter into this agreement to provide the adopted dog/puppy with a suitable forever home and family to love them.
1. Return Policy: RNR has a commitment to all its animals: to care for them for the lifetime of each animal. The Adopter agrees that if he/she is unwilling or unable to care for the animal for its entire life, he or she will contact RNR and return the dog/puppy to a location specified by RNR. The Adopter understands that he/she is responsible for the care of the animal until he or she has delivered it into the proper RNR hands and will do everything within its power to safely return the animal. The Adopter agrees that in the event that he/she finds a suitable alternative home for the animal, he/she will contact RNR with the name, address and phone number of the proposed new adopter. Any proposed new adopter will be required to complete a RNR adoption application and other requirements for adoption and obtain approval from RNR in writing before adopting the pet. Under no circumstances shall the adopter transfer permanent custody, ownership or possession of the dog/puppy to anyone one entity, including family, friends or any agency, without the approval and written consent of RNR. Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES should any of dogs be turned into any animal shelter, animal control facility, animal pound, etc. Animals can be written into wills upon request.
Adopter Initials *
2. Adoption Fee: The Adopter agrees to pay an adoption donation. This fee represents only a small portion of the expenditure we incur with our dogs. Additional donations are welcome and appreciated. We DO NOT REFUND ADOPTION FEES. If a dog should become ill or die through no fault of the adopter, we will work with the adopter on a case to case basis. In the case of death of a dog, a necropsy may be required if there is a question of what happened to the dog. If the adopter’s donation is not paid in full or a check is not sent or funded properly, the rescue has complete authorization to take the cat back into our possession.
3. Veterinary Care: The Adopter agrees to provide the dog with the necessary vaccinations as advised by his/her veterinarian. The Adopter agrees to obtain immediate veterinary care should the animal become sick or injured and to take full financial responsibility for any veterinary expenses. The adopter understands that the dog should be taken to see their primary vet within the first 72 hours to establish a patient history and checkup. Any available history on your RNR dog will be provided to you at the time of adoption, along with the current veterinary records of RNR.
4. Care of the Dog: The Adopter understands that the adopted dog is an indoor/outdoor pet, and agrees to allow it full access to the home. The Adopter agrees to provide the dog with fresh water, wholesome food, adequate and plenty of love and attention. The adopter understands that the dog will NEVER be left outside chained or while you are away from home under any circumstances unless the dog is supervised and only for a short period.
5. No Representations: The Adopter understands that RNR does not guarantee the temperament or training of the adopted dog. These are RESCUE pets and not pet store or show dogs. Most of the time we do not know their background or histories although we do our best to give all accurate information that we have acquired from their previous rescue/owner/foster at adoption.
6. Dog Health: The Adopter understands that RNR has no control of dog/puppy health reactions from previous owner. Although they are fully vetted pre-adoption (including flea, worm, ear mites, skin conditions, upper respiratory ailments, etc…) and have health exams, due to the stress of rehoming your new pet might still develop a post transport issue. Fleas, upper respiratory issues, worms, ringworm, etc… can show up due to stress or as in the case of some worms because the cat needs an extra deworming. This is normal. Please contact us IMMEDIATELY if a medical issue or strange behavior or symptom occurs. If you go to your vet, RNR’s responsibility no longer applies and you must pay the vet their fee. If we are contacted for vet issues 14 days or more after adoption, adopter will incur any vetting fees that might be needed or medication fees for any medical issues. Although we would love to give dental check-ups to all our pets, dental issues are the sole responsibility of the adopters.
7. Release: The Adopter, and his/her spouse, heirs, executors, personal representatives and assigns, agree never to bring a claim or suit against RNR. The Adopter releases RNR and its directors, founders, employees, officers, agents, representatives, contractors, volunteers, successors and assigns from all liability arising from the adoption or behavior or actions of the dog. The Adopter understands that this agreement discharges RNR and its directors, founders, employees, officers, agents, representatives, contractors, volunteers, successors and assigns from any liability to the Adopter and his/her spouse, heirs, executors, and assigns, with respect to any bodily injury, personal injury, illness, imputation, scarring, death, property damage or other loss that may result from the adoption of the dog. The Adopter releases RNR and discharges RNR and its directors, founders, employees, officers, agents, representatives, contractors, volunteers, successors and assigns from any liability for RNR’s own negligence or liability that may result in bodily injury, personal injury, illness, amputation, scarring, death, property damage or other loss to the Adopter.
8. Indemnity Agreement: The Adopter, and for his/her spouse, heirs, executors, personal representatives, and assigns, agrees to indemnify and hold RNR harmless for any loss, including attorney’s fees and costs of litigation, that result to anyone else or any other entity because of the Adopter’s negligence or liability. This includes lone acts or omissions by the Adopter as well as the combined acts of the Adopter with others.
9. Change of Address: In the event that the Adopter moves, he or she agrees to contact RNR with change of address information, so that we may keep updated records on all of adopted dogs and any microchip information can be updated. The adopter also agrees to provide accurate contact information at the time of the contract being signed so we can ensure communication is kept current.
10. Home/Vet Check: The Adopter that agrees that RNR may ask for a home and/or vet check to ensure the safety of the dog being adopted into the Adopter’s care and that proper care will be given.
11. Spay/Neuter: In a rare case, if one of our dogs is not spayed/neutered before adoption, the Adopter agrees that if the dog is not already spayed/neutered when adopted, once the procedure is completed, they will immediately notify RNR so we may update our records and that these dogs will not be adding to the overpopulation issue we are dealing with. Any puppy adopted prior to the age of 4 months MUST be spayed and/or neutered by the adopter’s personal veterinarian within 30 days of adoption. Such proof must be provided to RNR of the procedure being completed for every animal adopted. If proof is not provided, the adopter agrees that RNR will reclaim the kitten and have the procedure completed by our team of vets. Adopter agrees to pay for cost of spay/neuter before the puppy is returned to their home if this is required.
12. Other: The Adopter expressly agrees that the release and indemnity agreement are intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by law. The Adopter agrees that in the event that any clause or provision of this agreement shall be held to be invalid by any court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such clause or provision shall not otherwise affect the remaining provisions of this agreement. This is the entire agreement between the parties and supersedes any other verbal or written statements, representations, or promises.
This agreement shall be governed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of NY. Any disputes under this agreement will be resolved in Westchester County, NY. All disputes under this agreement will be settled by binding arbitration. The Adopter agrees that he/she is legally competent to enter into this agreement, and this Agreement is binding upon heirs, assigns, successors, personal representatives and executors of both parties
Using your mouse, trackpad or finger, please sign the area below.
Signature of Adopter: *
Rock n’ Rescuerocknrescue1@gmail.com