Welcome to our Curbside Adoption services established to continue placing pets with minimal risk but maximum love to adopters and rescuers alike. During this time, we have worked harder than ever to place pets in homes as many shelters have been overrun and rescues have shut down. We also know that adopters need to have a pet for comfort and therapy to weather the storm. Our new COVID protocols have been put in effect to minimize interactions between the public and our staff/volunteers/pets for the safety and wellbeing of all. Please read the following carefully:
1. All adopters must first do an application online at https://www.rnrpets.org/adopt. If you are having difficulty submitting the form or you do not hear from us within 24 hrs. – please email us directly at email@example.com and we can email you an application.
2. Kittens under the age of 12 weeks MUST go home with a buddy cat or to a home with a young buddy cat already looking for a friend – NO EXCEPTIONS.
3. Once approved, you will receive an email, text AND a phone call from us to discuss the adoption. ONLY ADOPTORS READY IMMEDIATELY TO ADOPT SHOULD BE APPLYING. If this is for pre-approval for a future adoption, please note this on the application. PETS CANNOT BE HELD FOR MORE THAN 48-72 HOURS.
4. If you are unsure if you are truly ready to commit to adoption, please do not place a cat on hold as this will affect the cat’s chances for adoption. If you have questions or concerns, let us help guide you before confirming.
5. ONLY AFTER WE HAVE SPOKEN, YOU CONFIRM in the text thread AND WE RECEIVE THE ADOPTION CONTRACT will an adoption hold go into effect. (This contract is only binding if you move forward with the meet and greet and leave with the animal).
6. Now that your choice has been placed on hold for you, there is only one final step that needs to take place before you take him/her/they home! That is the MEET AND GREET! In the group text thread, we will send you our address and schedule you for a curbside meet and greet. We will also answer any questions you may have prior to the meet and greet.
Additionally, if you choose to adopt, you will use this group text thread as a resource to help you with any questions or concerns that you have post adoption.
PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT YOU WILL ONLY BE MEETING THE PET PLACED ON HOLD FOR YOU AND YOU WILL BE MEETING THIS PET IN YOUR CAR.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE, we will meet you at your car, ask for your carrier and we will bring it back to you with the cat you requested for your meet and greet. While you wait, Marla will review the medical with you and answer questions. The meet and greet will take place IN YOUR CAR. We will give you suggestions and guidance as to how to make the most out of your in car meet and greet. We promise- it does work!!!! Take your time to meet this new friend and get to know him/her/them. PLEASE NOTE: there is no browsing- we cannot bring up multiple cats for you to choose from.
TO BE BEST PREPARED FOR YOUR MEET AND GREET/ADOPTION, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE READ THE FOLLOWING:
If you fall in love, you leave with your new buddy. If it is not a match, NO WORRIES! We will take the cat back inside, return your carrier, and then RNR will be in touch to custom search a better match.